Wednesday 3 October 2012

WiP Wednesday

Another Wednesday has rolled around!!  This week I am working on getting my paper templates all ready for the Pervalong.  I am already behind (and sitting firmly on the naughty step staircase with a dozen other people) but from what I have seen in the Flickr pool encourages me to get perving and I am desperate to catch up!!  I would love to take Kelly's teachers pet spot but that will be hard to do :) 


I'm going to use a phone book for my paper templates.  Has anyone else used the yellow pages for paper piecing before?  I'm a newbie - what the heck do I know!!  Woohoo- trying something new!

I am also still working on my Mod Sampler.  I want to get it done for Sunday so I can show it at the LMQG meeting.  September's challenge was to get a WiP done.  I really really want to see the back of this quilt!! 


My list of WiP's is quite big.  I have nine (yes nine - I counted) quilts in different stages.  Some are out there in the world being sewn block by block by fabulous people in a bee or two, a couple quilt tops just need sashing and borders and a few need MORE blocks to even be called a quilt!  Nine.  What am I going to do with nine more quilts/lap blankets?  What do you guys do with the ones you make - keep 'em, sell 'em, gift 'em?  All of the above?  I now that one of these quilts will be a permanent bed quilt for my UK king size bed (=queen size for those North Americans out there) but the rest.... hmmm.....?

Linking up to WiP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and TNT Thursday with Happy Quilting.



 

13 comments:

Charlotte said...

phone book paper is perfect for paper piecing! It tears so easily :-)
and I am open to bribery re the teacher's pet position. I prefer 80% cocoa or higher ;-)

Kelly said...

She is not open to bribery - hands off my spot!!!! Love your colour choices for the perv and you better get a shifty on with the quilting! ;-)

Pat Merkle said...

Oh, I almost hyperventilated when I saw that big ol' stack of solid greens. Can't wait to see what you make with that!

Annabella said...

Lovely stack of solids - your pervalong quilt should look amazing!

Cille said...

He he... 9 quilts may be a bit too much but luckily they really make great gifts :) lovely green stack you've got there!

Celine said...

I am not far behind, I am not even counting how many I have on the go! Just linked on Lee's blog straight after you.... I should see you on Sunday hopefully!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Almost everything I made up until last year was given away as gifts (weddings, babies, etc.). I'm just getting to that point too of finishing more quilts than I need to keep. I may sell some or probably give more away as gifts. Love the sampler - colours are fabulous!

kat129 said...

Perv it up baby!!! That Flickr pool looks great. ALso - 9 quilts?!?!?!? Holy crap that's a lot of quilting in your future. Good luck!
cheers
-k

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love the green solids for your quilt along - gorgeous!

Good luck with all the quilting!

MetroQuilter said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the Greens. Please finish your mod sampler this week I really want to meet it Sunday.

Gertie Pye said...

I am on the naughty step with you Amy - I have so far cut 6 big squares and 6 big rectangles for the Pervalong. Some serious catching up to do!

Gertie Pye said...

By that I mean I have only cut the paper ... not the fabric....

Captain StitchyPants said...

Oooh, I love your pervy colour choices! (I can see that remark disappointing some Googler in the future)

I only started quilting this year, and it occurred to me that I would end up making more quilts than I could possibly use, so I got in touch with my local Project Linus. I got a list of their specifications, and any quilts I make that I don't want to keep or give to someone I know will be heading their way.