Friday 19 October 2012

Finish it up Friday

Whew - what a week!  I have a couple of finishes - yay! 

Firstly, my second finish this week is my second Pretty Pleats bag.  I used eye-boggling Cosmo Cricket black with cream dots and some fabric that has sign language artwork.


The lining is one of my favourite Flea Market Fancy prints along with some Kona Black for the bottom section as I didn't have enough FMF to create the whole lining.  I think it makes quite an effective bag having the bottom a different colour so I am pleased I was able to get creative and modify without any hassle whatsoever! 


This is a reversible tote/bag and I can't decide which side I like best!  In true Harry Hill style... I like the black with cream dots and sign language side.  I like the Flea Market Fancy with black bottom side.  There's only one way to find out ---- you know the rest!  ;)


Secondly, my 'first' finish this week is my Vintage Holiday quilt [press here for the blog post] which I am thrilled with!  I can't wait to use it.  I'm even tempted to get the Christmas decorations out of storage and decorate the house fully so I can enjoy my nice new quilt that much longer! 


And since it is Friday and I have a finish, I am linking this to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.  This version of my bag is also on my 100 Day Hustle list and my 4th Quarter Goals list so I am pleased to finally have it crossed off!! 

October Finishes
TGIFF OctoberQuest

8 comments:

Colette said...

The bag looks gorgeous, I like the sign language side best, or maybe the other... ;-)

Kate said...

Your Vintage Holiday quilt is delightful. And the bag is fabulous. You've chosen great fabrics and colours.

Gertie Pye said...

Love this bag! You kept that one quiet. And you know I love your plaid baubles. What a great week! x

Charlotte said...

well impressed, with both the bag and the quilt!

**nicke... said...

awesome!!!

linda said...

love the bag do not know if i like inside or out best it is gorgeous and your quilt is beautiful !!

The Slow Quilter said...

Great bags, when I am not quilting, I love to make bags.

Kelly said...

Loving that bag!