Wednesday 31 October 2012

Building houses, planting trees

This week I am concentrating on a few more of my WiP's and things that are listed on my Lazy Bums list and 100 Day Hustle list.  I decided it was time to build another house and plant a tree.  What I mean is:  sew a wonky house and another wonky tree to go with the other dwellings and trees in my slowly expanding village.
Newest additions to the village

All four trees together
I love wonky.  I'm sure you gathered that by now?  I've got wonky stars and wonky log cabins, wonky trees, wonky houses and even a wonky donkey or two!  I love wonky so much that I even subjected THREE Bee groups to my wonky ways! 

Six houses have been 'built' so far

Wonky is whimsical and I seem to be drawn in by the carefree and quirkiness of it, and perhaps the child-like naivety of it as well.  How could I resist a bit o'wonk?  Here are all of my wonky trees and houses mixed in together.  What a happy wonky village!


I am so fortunate that two members of the Lazy Bums group are making me a couple more houses and trees to add to the growing community I have here on my kitchen table.  I can't wait for the new additions to arrive so they can be introduced to the neighbour folk!  [all metaphorically speaking, of course!]  Thanks guys!

Linking to Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday and Applique Thursday with A Quilting Reader's Garden who get a big thank you for the Woven Quilted book that was sent to me and arrived the other day.  There are some neat projects in there that are on my to-do list now!!  Thank you!!

  wipwednesdaybutton

11 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

I want to visit that neighborhood! They are so cute and, yes, whimsy is the word. Those trees are so fun. I do believe I'm jealous!
Mary

Izzy said...

Cute little houses, but I'm in love with the trees! How cool are they?!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Sweet little wonky neighbourhood!!

Charlotte said...

that's so cute! I love it!!

Rosa said...

They are very cute!1

**nicke... said...

i love wonky too and i love this little town.

Celine said...

Lovely village! I am just after you again for WIP Wednesday this week. How Spooky!

Cherie said...

Such fun blocks! Straight sewing is so two months ago!

Annabella said...

Your wonky village is going to be adorable!

Mandy said...

Love it! I'm with you on the love of wonky! This will look great!

Angie in SoCal said...

That's going to be the cutest village! Thanks for linking up at Applique Thursday.