Thursday 25 October 2012

TNT Thursday - another wonky donkey

Happy Thursday to you! 

Last night at about 11:45pm I had a sudden urge to make a Sock Donkey which was shown last week as part of Donktober.  I just finished him tonight so here he is... another wonky donkey!


This is the first time I've made a Sock Donkey!!  I didn't realise that one pair of socks would make such a large animal!  You see, the tutorial used knee high socks so I thought if I used regular socks that the donkey would be smaller - well - not so much!


I've made sock puppets before but never a stuffed animal out of a pair of socks.  Yay - I tried something new!  I'm not happy with his 'arms' (= front legs) and how I've sewn them on... and maybe, just maybe, they are stuffed a little too full!!??  I love his tail - it is the cutest part of him!  His mane is good too - I made a double one so he has more hair.



Donktober I would love to say 'no socks were hurt during the making of this donkey' but that would be a lie.  I like to think they were 'improved'...

Linking to TNT Thursday [the last one!], TGIFF OctoberQuest, Jed & Ivy Aloha Friday! and October Finishes.



October Finishes



9 comments:

Di said...

Sock donkey is full of character. I like him. Di x

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Oh my, he is sooooo cute. His strippy ears are to die for. I showed Delilah and she is in loooove. :)

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love your donkey! Sooo cute!

HillyFilly said...

Love him.... does he have a name?
I need to find something to make from single socks... I have a pile that I keep just in case their mates ever turn up... Do socks mate for life like Swans?

JLVerde said...

Too cute!

I make tons of sock critters (and glove critters, too). Your donkey looks fabulous.

Elena @ Modern Olivia said...

OMG he is sooo cute! You must teach me how to make one!

jenclair said...

Oh, he makes me smile! What a great little donkey--so huggable!

Lynette said...

HAHA!!! He's awesome. :D Not a thing wrong with his front legs. He reminds me of an Eeyore that my mother made for me one Christmas around 8 years old. Loved that miserable adorable donkey for years. . .

M-R Charbonneau said...

Adorable! I may just have to make one of those!