Sunday 9 June 2013

Zakka Zakka Zakka

[said in the tune of 'Marsha Marsha Marsha' from The Brady Bunch]


Happy Zakka everyone!  Book 2 - can you believe it?  Last year, the Zakka Style-A-Long was my very first experience of a 'follow-a-long' and of Zakka.  Because of the link-ups every week, I met lots of other bloggers too.  Just like last year, each week we make another project from the book and link it up.  I love seeing how each person 'interprets' the project and how they all look with such different fabrics.


First up: a set of Bell Pepper Coasters.  These were a great project for me to rummage through the scrap baskets of odd pieces of fabrics to find what I wanted!  However, in true Zakka-style, the first pattern in the book lacked diagrams and clear instructions.  On the very first instruction I was baffled and scratching my head in frustration!  In the end I just did something that sort of made sense but certainly wasn't what the pattern had written to do but it worked.  For those of you who know me, you will know that I struggle without photos or clear drawings to help me understand the words!      


I persevered and quickly made a set of four cute Bell Pepper coasters and I quite like them!  I understood the rest of the pattern but made notes to clarify some of the instructions in case I want to make another set another time.  As I didn't have a piece of brown felt for the stems, I substituted some brown fabric instead.  

Be sure to check out the Flickr group to see what everyone else has made!

Happy Zakka'ing!

Linked to LR Stitched 

patchworkSALlarge

15 comments:

Charlotte said...

love them!

Carol Swift said...

Too cute...love the colors you chose!

Indianna said...

They look very tasty...especially with the cotton accompaniment.

Debbie said...

Very very cute!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Fantabulous! You said it all-- really fun to do this group again :D Your peppers are super,and I love your photo shoot!

Sarah Lou said...

They look fab Amy!

Jessica said...

These are so, so cute!

heart of charnwood said...

Very cute! :o)

Anonymous said...

they are brilliant!!

Izzy said...

They look amazing! :-)

Di said...

Love them. Di x

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

They look great! Just love how you set them out for the photos!

HillyFilly said...

Thats just a feast for the eyes.... Lovely setting..

Nicky said...

You serve up a great dish!

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

super cute! Love the colors and fabric choices.