Saturday 1 June 2013

A Lovely Year GOAL for June

Another month and other project to [hopefully] cross off the mahoosive to-do list!  I achieved my May goal yay) but missed the deadline to link up.  Silly me.  That's what I get for juggling too many balls at once (especially since I don't know how to juggle)!


My June goal will be to attach 400+ inches of binding to my 'King Kong Wonky' quilt.  I had it long-armed by Debbie thank goodness but now I have the arduous task of stitching the binding on.  By hand.  400+ inches.

Quilted in an on-point square grid.  Should wash up wonderfully!

Wish me luck!

Linking to ALYOF June Goal Setting party
.

15 comments:

Barbara O. said...

Why don't you machine-bind?
Look at Red Pepper Quilts, Rita offers a fantastic tutorial:
http://www.redpepperquilts.com/2009/11/binding-tutorial.html

Pennie said...

I sense a sewing day coming on - we'll all take one side each :-)

Sarah Lou said...

Good luck! I so wouldn't have the patience to hand stitch that though!

Charlotte said...

it's gorgeous!!!!

Izzy said...

It's beautiful! There is no way I would sew the binding by hand on a quilt that big... Oh my gosh! But good luck with it! :-)

heart of charnwood said...

I love binding, good luck with that (that's not an offer to do it for you by the way!). :o)

Jo Jo said...

It's beautiful Amy! Love the simple quilting. I am weird and like doing the binding too! Have fun!

Jo Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

I love doing binding do I am wired too! The quilt is fantastic. Di x

Kelly said...

LOVE the quilt! I hate binding but would take one for the team and sew a side for you ;-)

HillyFilly said...

Lovely quilt and I too love hand finishing the binding.. it just makes you feel good.... and its a good time for social stitching as it doesn't need your full attention..

fiberchick said...

How beautiful! Wow 400 inches is an obscene amount of binding...

Heidi said...

Gorgeous finish, and worthy of every stitch!

janequiltsslowly said...

What a great quilt. I really love the handwork in stitching down a binding. I'm also too much of a perfectionist to do it any other way.

MarneyMay said...

Wow what a great achievement.
love the colours

Cheers Pauline