Saturday 29 June 2013

Hello, my name is Amy

Hello.  My name is Amy and I am a chocolate-milk-aholic.

Hi - this is what I look like!

I am also a fabric hoarder.  I love to sew small projects so I can satisfy a sense of accomplishment and that makes me feel good.  I like to feel good - it beats feeling yucky!  I am addicted to reading blogs and seeing what everyone else is sewing which means that I have a list at least 3 miles long of projects that I would love to try one day. My works-in-progress list is huge but I am working on that one project at a time. Slow and steady wins the race!

I made this for a swap and love it... wished I had kept it! 

I am a Canadian living in London and can't wait for retreat!  Last year was amazing but I did need a full day in bed on the Monday to recover from all that excitement - my brain had not been used like that for a long time so it tired me out!  I met so many of the 'famous' bloggers that I follow and we giggled, sewed, cried and sewed some more.  What a way to spend two days eh?

Trash, Claudia and me at FQR 2012.

This year I believe I am in the carved stamps class, embroidery with Quilt Dad, tabletop doodle stitching session with Trudi and the + snap purse workshop, though not in that order. 

Yummy stack of Siblings Together quilts - mine on the bottom.


What classes are you taking?  Will you be going to The Village Haberdashery on the Friday night - Annie is having a shopping event.  Yay!  The Grange is where I shall be staying so join me for breakfast if you are there too!  I am really looking forward to chatting with the people I met last year and making new friends with the new people this year!  Oh and learning some new skills too!

See you in a few weeks!

Ring finger pincushions - want me to bring them to sell at Quilt Market Saturday night?


26 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

See you in embroidery. How funny to see that name tag again. I loved making it. As soon as I read your profile I knew what I was going to do.

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

I'll be in the carved stamp class too! See you in a few weeks time :)

mammafairy said...

I am not in any of your classes, but I look forward to seeing you there anyway!

Gertie Pye said...

I am at the Grange too! I am also a Chocolate Milk addict - Alpro Soya chocolate - I have lost 11 lbs since I banned it from my house. Still hanker after it every day though! Really looking forward to the Retreat but need to get my game on if I'm going to get those mug rugs finished!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love your post! I wish I could go to a fun blogger retreat like that. Sounds like a blast - have a wonderful time (as if you wouldn't!).

MetroQuilter said...

Can't wait. Not in any clashes with you, but will be joining you in the Grange and at Annie's

Elisabeth said...

I'm not in any of your classes but hope to catch up with you during a tea break. I'm so excited about going again and meeting with all the lovely people, you included, I met last year and meeting lots of new people too.

Sarah said...

Think I will see you in embroidery! I too have a 3 mile long list courtesy of blog reading!!

Di said...

I will definitely be seeing you, whatever classes we are in! Di x

Pippa Parsons said...

ohhh im in Trudi's with you and have to find you for a chat and Vomit swop :) can't wait now

Mara said...

SO wish I was going to London, have fun!

machen und tun said...

Hi Amy!! Not for long now... Oh we will have lots of fun, i am sure. And it is so good, that Trash will be there, too, so we might re-enact out cute little picture.. ?!

See you so soon, yay!!

barbara woods said...

Have a great time for me, I would love to be there, but can't hugs

Kelly said...

Make sure you are wearing the name tag so I know who you are ;-)

Francine said...

hahah I've had your triple churn dash pinned forever cause I want to make one! I'm coming to FQR - have all different classes and hotel, but I'll be looking for your pin cushions!

Poppyprint said...

Hi Amy! I'm rooming with Susan in the Grange, too. Definitely see you there for breakfast - we can have an all-Canadian table! Let me know if there's anything small I could bring for you from Vancouver (I say small because my pile is growing daily. I'm not sure how I'm going to get all this stuff to London).

Justine said...

Hello Hello!! Looking forward to seeing you again xx

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

we don't have any classes together but I hope to at least say hello

pennydog said...

I'm in the stamps class with yooooou

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Those ring pincushions are fab! Have a wonderful time at retreat....wish I could be there but the timing just doesn't work for me :o(

Pink Stitches said...

Not in any same classes this year but roomie at the Grange with PippaP so no travelling back and forth and not having time to meet and chat with people this year!

Marit said...

Hey, we're in the snap frame purse class together. Look forward to meeting you:)

Joanne said...

I don't know how you gave that mini away either, I would have pretended to have lost it!!!
Can't wait to meet you at retreat, I'm not in any of your classes but I'm sure our paths will cross!

trash said...

Gah! Reading through the linky list and I see Claudia's comment here it isn't good because I won't be there. So there will be no photo recreation,no being naughty and no general funning about for me. Am gutted! You will all just to hv an ace time so I can follow on Twitter/IG & FB.

myBearpaw said...

hopefully we'll be in the same sample swap group again and I can have one of those rings! See you in Trudi's tabletop class!

Strawberry Patch said...

I'm not sharing any classes with you but hopefully I will see you there :-)