Thursday 1 March 2012

WiP Wednesday

  

They call it WiP Wednesday so I have decided to confess all of my WiP's.  I have put them in list form so I can cross them off as they are finished.  This is the plan anyways!  Here is my confession:  
   
Current sewing WiP's: 
1. Mod Sampler quilt (top DONE - just need to make back, baste and quilt)
2. Union Jack quilt (1 block complete, 2 cut out ready to be sewn and 1 partially sewn)
3. Place mats (only tops complete)
3. Wonky stars (9 blocks completed, loads left to create!)
4. Wonky houses (5 houses and 2 trees completed so far)
5. Table topper (needs to be quilted then binding added)
6. Denim hot pads (cut out ready to sew)

Current pottery WiP's:
1. Three trees to glaze
2. Three bowls to bisque fire, then glaze UPDATE 22 March - two in kiln, one recycled!
3. Coil pot to bisque fire, then glaze UPDATE 22 March - out of kiln, just needs glazing and firing
4. Bowl and vase to re-glaze/repair
5. Welcome sign (needs decorative wire to attach stoneware stars)
6. Buttons
7. Secret project :)

Projects waiting to be started/have stalled:
1. Noodlehead 241 bag
2. A quilt using diamond shapes in Amy Butler Love fabrics (just need a push to get going on this one!)
3. Peppermint Neck Warmer from "Fresh Quilting" (almost all cut out)

'Earmarked projects'/inspiration piles/'one day I'll make these' projects:
1. Frog fabric cot quilt (need a pattern idea)
2. Purple, green and grey improv quilt (need some more grey fabric)
3. Joel Dewberry quilt using Aviary 2 (just need some olive fabric and a pattern idea)
4. Kaffe Fassett fabric quilt (I have been hoarding some of the shot cottons and striped fabrics - yum!)
5. Plaid quilt using pattern from "Scraps and Shirttails"
6. Black & white quilt (have been collecting fabrics)

Here is Jax 'helping' me with a bit of inspiration.  Awww so cute!  Am I the only quilter who doesn't own a cat?  






Happy sewing and a big thank you to everyone who entered my first draw!  Winner announced shortly.

1 comment:

Emily Carnes said...

haha, i don't have a cat either.but my dog loves quilts! i like the progress report ;)

emily at backtothecraft.blogspot.ca