Friday 30 March 2012

Finish it up friday - again!

What a week I've had!  I spent more time with Mr Toyota (a.k.a sewing machine) than with poor Mr Crafty Shenanigans!  Sorry hun - xx.  I must say, Mr Crafty Shenanigans is super supportive and never comments, complains or criticizes about all the fabric and threads I leave EVERYWHERE.  We have a tiny bungalow/cottage so there really is no escaping the mess crafty shenanigans that I get up to!

I am so proud of mysef - I set myself a challenge to sew-sew-sew this week and I did!!  I also learned how to do a mosaic of photos so here are my creations since last Friday (photo not in chronological order - hey, I'm still learning!):

First up was the black and coral fold over flap button-closure bag*, then the shaggy denim potholders, then I made a mini plaid drawstring thing*, another wonky log cabin, and a 9-patch WiP test sample #6 block*, and last but not least (and my favourite FINISH of the week) my green-grey-teal-turquoise quilt top*. 
*Remind me to re-name these items!!!

So all in all, I am very pleased with my week and all of the finishes that were accomplished, plus all of the progress made on my WiP list too!  I still have a few loads of projects on the go (including Sew Into Solids, LMQG mini quilt April Challenge and pottery bits) plus several new projects quickly approaching --Zakka Style-sew-along, Bee Europa 2012/2013, Fat Quarterly Retreat and Etsy to name a few --so I plan to get some of the unfinished projects completed this week :)  Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

I'll be linking up with Finish it up Friday with crazy mom quilts as well as Amylouwho's sew & tell friday.

Have a great Friday.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

They all look fab!

Cherie said...

Love those items! The quilt top is awesome! Yay for buttons! =D

Anonymous said...

Its been a busy week for you, when you could have been out in the sunshine. Good luck with your list!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

I work full-time and am outdoors most of the day so I definitely got to enjoy it :) It is so nice to come home and do a bit of gardening and then some sewing.

Heather said...

Sounds like a super fun and productive week! Love all of your projects! :o)

amy and the bad cats said...

congrats on a super-productive week! your finishes look fantastic!