Wednesday 21 March 2012

WiP Wednesday - Antique Tile

Yay for Wednesday!  I have tomorrow off work to go galavanting around London and to the Country Living Spring Fair at the Business Design Centre and I may even pop in to Raystitch (since I'll be in the area...ish).

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedSo, it was a busy week for me!  I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday, so here is my Wednesday re-cap: 
I finally got the top done for my Oh, Fransson Mod Sampler quilt.  A big 'ahhhhh - it's done' for me!  Check it out here and I've added another picture just below.  I made the quilt slightly bigger than her 'recipe' (pattern) and still have some square-in-square blocks for the back, which is yet to be done.  I am nearly 100% in love with it, but the more I look at it the happier I am [big smile].  These aren't my usual colours - I'm a plaid girl remember - so I'm getting used to it!
I ironed it - honestly! 
Also this week, I finally set up my "amyinuk Etsy shop", which is currently empty - but please do check it out soon as I have plans to add some hand-made-home-made-yummy-goodness soon!  Plus I went to the Stitch & Craft Show on the weekend and got some fabric that I think I will use for my Fat Quarterly retreat swap goodies - so stay tuned for those!  They are another WiP.

Sew into SolidsAnd lastly, I have finally started my blocks for the Sew into Solids gang over on Flickr.  I've started with a Fresh Lemons Antique tile and I am happy with it :)

I'm 'sew' impressed with my accuracy at the points - they all matched up perfectly apart from one which was only about 1 millimetre out!  Yay for me!  I'll share how I got them that way soon. 
I chose Kona solids.  Picture taken with the sun shining through the curtains - ahhh spring!  
All in all I had a productive week. And with some time to myself tomorrow - who knows what else I can accomplish!?  Have a great Wednesday. 

P.S.  Here is something a co-worker brought back from Canada for me.... one of my FAVOURITES!!  Rainbow Bit/Confetti Cake - lucky me!! AND a box of Kraft Dinner Spirals.  Supper and dessert - sorted! 


13 comments:

Kelly said...

Your Mod quilt looks brilliant! Have a fab day off tomorrow :)

Cherie said...

Love the quilt top!!! Great colours and I like all the individual blocks! The sew into solids block is looking good! Oooooo cake mix!!! *cough Cheater cough* =D

Samantha said...

Love the mod quilt- and congrats on such perfect matching of the seams in the solid block. Would love to hear your tips- i'm always off :-(

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I've just twigged that you are a Canadian Quilter in the UK...me too! I've only ever found one other Susan who blogs at http://canadianabroad-susan.blogspot.co.uk/ :o) It was your delight of receiving Kraft dinner that made me look over at your profile that made me wonder where you were based as normally the receipt of Kraft dinner isn't news worthy unless you are a Canadian in the UK :o)...I make my mother bring it over when she visits..that and twizzlers! LOL

I love your colour choices for the Sew into Solids project. Your quilt is going to be amazing :o)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Hi I didn't realise you were a Cancuck too - yay for us! And your solids! Twizzlers are my fav too but I just finished some from Christmas so I didn't really 'need' any more. I also love GRAPE things - can't get grape here, they do blackcurrant instead. I only eat Skittles in North America, as I am not a blackcurrant fan. Unless it is in my cider...but that's another story! I'm a week behind in the solids but will quickly catch up :) Cheers!

Karen said...

Am so jealous of you getting to go to London....hope you have a great day!

thorngrove said...

The quilt is lovely. I really like the colour combinations against the white. Very striking. :-)

Colette said...

That looks great, hope you had fun at the country living fair too!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Awesome day - bought some Pezzy prints from Beyond Fabrics who were at the Country Living Show and some great fabrics from Raystitch including some linen/cotton - yum! Thanks for all of your lovely comments about the quilt. I'll need your opinions on how to quilt it next!!! Thoughts?

sydthewyd said...

Oh my goodness I miss KD so freaking much.. I'm going to be in Canada for 3 months this summer and I have a good feeling there will be a lot of that made! You're quilt looks great and congratulations on your new etsy shop!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Ooo - sneak a box back for me... :)

Kate said...

That is a very attractive quilt - well done!

momof3girls said...

I love the colors and your accuracy amazes me! I'm horrible at that! (I'm over from Lily's Quilts)