Wednesday 7 March 2012

Non-sewing WIP completed!

Yay me!  At pottery class tonight I collected a pot that was in the kiln last week.  I love it (but see ways I could have improved it - but we are our own worst critics aren't we?).  I used my 'Jax stamp' that I made to stamp all my pots with as my 'signature' and filled the impressions with black clay slip at the leather hard stage and then bisque fired it.  The following week I then sprayed it with New Shiny White glaze which gives a shiny white glaze with iron coloured speckles all over, a reaction of the glaze to the iron in the clay apparently!  The rim has dots (and I love dots) on it so all in all I think it turned out ok.  There are eight Jax-dog impressions on the pot, some better than others.  It is a bit deep to be a water dish for the dog though - so what should I put in it?  Lindt-Lindor chocolate Easter eggs perhaps? 


My 'Jax-pot' - sorry for the photo quality!

My 'Jax-stamp' - sorry for the photo quality!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

those little doggies are so cute! If you do fill it with chocolate then I think you should share ;-)

Shevvy said...

Ah pottery. I did some classes many years ago and really enjoyed it but other life got in the way. Love the little dog stamps.

thorngrove said...

That's so cute! Definitely a winning chocolate egg receptacle.

Melissa Corry said...

Love the pot!!! So cute!!!

Pennie said...

That's lovely Amy, perhaps it could hold doggy chocs for Jax?