Friday 9 March 2012

Finish it Up Friday

Phew - it's finally Friday.  What a long week.  The full moon made it extra weird and my theory about my mood being affected by the moon prompted Mr Crafty Shenanigans to say that I am a "lunatic".  Ha ha ha.

So it was a good thing that I started -and finished- my wonky log cabin homework block for the London Modern Quilting Guild 'March Challenge' on Monday when I had the time, energy and space (decorators were in painting so my tiny sewing space was awfully crowded with stuff from the rooms being painted), otherwise nothing would have been created.  My way of celebrating a 'finish' (though small), is to link up with Crazy Mom Quilts and her Finish it up Friday linky.

In other news, here are a few pictures of my final Oh, Fransson! Mod Sampler blocks that will be stitched together with some yummy nice crisp white Moda sashing THIS WEEKEND*.  I need to decide which way I will sew these together and cut all the white strips as well!
*this may or may not happen but it is the plan so if I don't do it please will someone yell at me? Thanks so much ;-)

I plan to sew and do some simple gardening this weekend.  What are you planning to do?

Mod Sampler blocks in colour order and type of block order.

Blocks placed in block order row by row, but in random colour order.
Mod Sampler blocks randomly placed. 
This is the one I like best - what do you think?

4 comments:

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

I like the completely random mixing of blocks best. Have a great weekend. :)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

I think you are right - especially once the white is added it will look so much better (I hope)!

Charlotte said...

definitely the completely random. It looks great!

Heather said...

I like the random placement best, too. Those are just beautiful, and I can just picture them with the white sashings. It'll be gorgeous! :)