Sunday 18 March 2012

Liebster Blog Award!


I had the honour of being awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Sydney of Syd the Wyd last week.  Thank you very much Sydney - I am so touched that you like my blog of quilting, crafting and gardening!

So, what is the Liebster Blog Award you may ask?  I shall tell you! 

The Liebster award (German for favourite) is for bloggers with 200 followers or less.
As a recipient of the award, you have the chance to thank and link back to the
blogger who gave it to you as well as pass it along to five other deserving blogs.

I now have the privilege of selecting five blogs in return that I think deserve this award.  This is really tough because I follow some fantastic blogs - and so many of them are newbies like me!!  So, here are just five of my favourite blogs (who also have fewer than 200 followers) so I hope you stop by and check them out!  In no particular order:
You all rock!  Thank you for blogging about your crafty projects and providing me with inspiration to create my own things.  I started my blog because it was on my '2012 bucket list'.  To make one quilt in my life was what I had on my '2009 bucket list' and I am so pleased that I did (thank you to Karen - Highview Crafts).  I became hooked - the fabric, the patterns, the maths (arrggh) - the POSSIBILITIES!  I was quickly drawn into this magical world of quilting.  And as a super side-effect, I am now part of a blogging-quilting-community which I love. 

So there you are.  I can hear the music playing so it is time to wrap this speech up and leave the stage!  

Liebster Conventions:
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her.
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognised.
4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!

7 comments:

Shevvy said...

Congratulations - its hard just picking 5 others isn't it?

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Tell me about it!! Fun though :)

MarneyMay said...

Go Girl Congratulations I will check out your 5 blogs. Always looking for inspirations.

Catskill Quilter said...

Thanks, Amy, for your blog recommendations! It is so much fun to find new quilt blogs, and CONGRATS on being selected yourself -- it is well deserved!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Cheers everyone :) What a weekend eh? National Quilting Day, St Pat's Day (I won a contest too - more later) and a Liebster Award! Cherry on top is the Stitch & Craft Show in a couple of hours...

Annabelle said...

Oh lucky lucky you. Great to look at the five blogs for inspiration! xxx
PS Pop over to me for a giveaway. xx

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Hello - I've popped over and entered :) Thanks for the tip!