Wednesday 12 December 2012

WiP UFO PhD...the list goes on!

Happy Wednesday!!  I finally got my hanging tea towels done - and sold two immediately!  The ones I made in July have been gifted so I have three remaining.  I have one person to give to and the last two will be listed in my Etsy shop soon (when I can take a better photo!!), if I decide not to keep one for myself!


I sewed different pleats and a ruffle at the top section and think that the pleat works best and hangs better but I love the fullness of the ruffle! 

Terrible photos - sorry!  Midnight + a dirty oven = not a pretty picture!

And YAY - I finally got working on my scrappy Wonky Stars lap quilt which I started a long time ago!  I even did a mostly plaid scrappy border (which I sort of dislike now that it is sewn on) but hey - I don't have the energy to change it so I will live with it.  It may grow on me?  I LOVE the wonky stars though - yum!  I really can't get enough of them.   



Crazy winter 'daylight' + cool winter breeze = another bad photo!
I have purchased soft white flannel for the backing and hope to finish this cosy quilt this weekend.  It would mean another item off my 100 Day Hustle list and 4th Quarter list.  Gee I love a deadline - sure makes me motivated!!

And guess what?  My 'Potato Bunting' has been featured over at Best Bunting on the Block blog!!  What a fun blogging world this is! 

Linking to WiP Wednesday - don't you just love her new button!?!
WIPWednesday

PS - if you would like to enter my giveaway, please click THIS LINK.  Closes 17th December. 

13 comments:

kat129 said...

Yay for striking things off the hustle list! I like how the towels hang with the pleating too! I made one a while back and wasn't very happy with it - maybe it is time to give it another go and try the pleats... thanks for sharing and great progress!

Catherine said...

Your wonky stars are lovely, and I hope you will like the plaid in the end because I think it looks great in the photos!

Patti said...

Good stuff Amy! Love the towels and anything to cheer up potatoes is a good thing! congrats!

Charlotte said...

I really like the plaid!

Cindy said...

Your Wonky Star quilt looks really nice. Great job!

Di said...

What is wrong with the plaid border? It looks good from here. You are doing well with your long list. Di x

M-R Charbonneau said...

I think the plaid border works beautifully, Amy. Great job!

Anonymous said...

those wonky stars are beautiful!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

The towels are a great idea for Christmas!

The wonky stars are looking good! I think the plaid border works!

Cathy said...

i do love stars!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Love the stars and the plaid border looks gorgeous to me!

Snoodles said...

Love those towels.....have you shared the pattern or instructions, and I missed it?

MetroQuilter said...

Love those wonky stars, the plaid border looks great.