Friday 21 December 2012

Build your Best Log Cabin

Recently, I was contacted by Fons and Porter to do a book review on a 24-page ebook download/pattern collection called "Build your Best Log Cabin".  Several other blogs have reviewed the same book so I feel special to be included in the fun!

Most of you know that I love log cabins so this is what convinced me to review this ebook.  I wanted to see what it was all about and if I could learn something new - and I did!!  There are several patterns with lots of diagrams and pictures (I am a visual person) plus instructions and measurements laid out quite clearly.  You will find useful and sensible tips as well as some log cabin history over the 24 pages.  I have learned the names of different log cabin setting formations and I love the dirty windows and pinwheel formations!  

They have given me a link to share so you can also get a free copy: http://www.fonsandporter.com/landing/free-log-cabin-quilt-patterns  

I tend to love a real book better than a download but in a case like this, I could always print the pages I would need for a particular pattern.  I would feel better about marking the printout rather than the pages of a real book so there are advantages and disadvantages of real books vs. downloads I suppose!  I love free patterns and though the quilt examples in the book are made in a 'vintage fabric' style, if you can visualise and imagine more modern, bright fabrics used in these patterns then it is a fine FREE resource for you to download.

Thank you Fons and Porter for sending me a copy of this book!
Enjoy! 



Please note that the opinions expressed here are my own and are not based on actually making a quilt from the patterns. 

No comments: