Wednesday 6 June 2012

WiP Wednesday 6th June & TNT Thursday 7th June

WiP Wednesday again - where DOES the time go?

So this week I have to ADD a few to my list because last week I finished so many!!  I know I know... but these ones are super fabulous!!

First up is my 'Portholes' sample which WILL one day be made into a wall hanging.  Just need to make a few more... This was definitely something I had never tried before - in fact the whole class was new to this technique [thank you Lucie].  And circles - me?  Doing circles?  Yup - and I am pretty proud of them too!!  I tried something new :)
Porthole technique by Lucie Summers.
Second up is my 'Paper pieced Union Jack' - here is a quarter of it... still three parts to sew and then the rest of it to make into a pillow case/cover.  I struggled with the paper piecing so much - what are the chances of me getting the rest done anytime soon???  This one will skip the WiP list and go straight to my UFO list me thinks ;)

Third up is my Zakka Zip Organiser - no photo sorry!  I started cutting the fabric bits but got sidetracked by all the errors in the pattern.  So between the errata listed on the C&T Publishing website and the wonderful Spotted Stones blog (who found an additional error!) I think I am nearly ready to start sewing. Wish me luck!!  I'll need it because I am using some of "My Precious" Echino fabrics... 
_________________________

And in other news - I am a lucky lucky girl!  Remember Giveaway Day/Week on 21st May?  Well today the postman brought me some awesome mail!!  I received the cutest handmade pouch by Veronica at sewVery.  She sent this birdie pouch (with butterflies on the back) and included a gorgeous necklace too!!  Thank you very much Veronica - it is beautiful and exactly my taste - and I'm already using the pouch for coins and have attached my key chain to it!!  Awesome!

I can't forget to mention Henrietta Hippo!  I won this pattern to make a really cute adorable and awesome Hippo from a little space for my random thoughts.  Thank you very much and like I said earlier "holy hippo - I won"!!  Also, I received a crocheted bracelet all the way from Slovenia from Coprnije - awesome, thank you!  And another very exciting package arrived this week too - this one FILLED with cool vintage goodness from eager hands in the USA!  Vintage fabric, buttons, lace, a vintage  dress pattern, a vintage hand embroidered table runner and a gorgeous necklace pendant.  I'm so pleased - thank you very much!  I love Giveaway Day/week - can't wait for next year!!
_________________________

Here is an updated WiP/UFO list:

MUST DO:
June Bee Europa block
Finish Green-grey-teal-turquoise quilt
Finish Mod Sampler quilt
LMQG Inspired by Art item for July

Current WiP's:
Sew into Solids Blocks - so behind it hurts!
Porthole blocks
Paper pieced Union Jack pillow case
Zip Orgainser  DONE

Long Term WiP's [no progress]:
Wonky log cabins
Wonky houses and trees
Wonky stars

UFO list [definitely no progress!]:
Union Jack blocks
Half Square triangle mini quilt
Neckerchief thing
EPP Pencil case
Amy Butler Love Quilt top

Here is my June Small Projects list [of things I hope to make - if I do, I do - if I don't, I don't]:
  1. Zip Organiser  DONE
  2. Tweed Pouch
  3. Neckerchief thing
  4. Folding card wallet
  5. Teapot hotpad 
  6. Mix Master hotpad 
  7. Patchwork Pot holder
  8. Another 241 Tote  
Linking up with WiP WednesdayTNT Thursday and Fabric Tuesday.


QED on the 15th

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Lucie's class, so much fun and it worked brilliantly. Admire your perseverance as my paper pieced sample is going to stay as a lone piece of fabric!

Katherine said...

Oh, look at the gorgeous pothole showing a peek at some butterflies! Can't say you aren't letting the grass grow under your feet since returning from the retreat. :o) Well done, Amy!

Lucky you! Sweet prizes.

Love seeing your lists. There's something exciting about seeing it all laid out - seeing what's on the go and then checking things off the list. You remind me that I need to update my own lists.

Happy sewing, Amy!

Katherine said...

Whoops. Just caught my typo... I meant Porthole... not pothole. Eep.

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

I keep calling them Potholes too - which they could be... porthole, pothole - both work ;)

Melissa Corry said...

The porthole technique looks totally awesome ;)

Gertie Pye said...

I loved the FQ Retreat but was gutted that I wasn't in Lucie's portholes class. Your porthole blick looks fab! I have to hope either that I can follow the porthole instructions in the FQ Retreat issue when it comes out, or that Lucie will do the class again next year. I have made some progress on my Union Jack pillow however!

Pat Merkle said...

Great circles!