Wednesday 13 June 2012

WiP ~ take a bow

WiP Wednesday - yay!  What have I accomplished this week? And what has become a work in progress?

Well, I started four new projects involving fabric [Zakka Zip Organiser, bunting, Box Block and bracelet] and completed 3 of them - yay!!  The Box Block is still in pieces on my cutting mat so it is definitely a WiP.  These are some cute 30's prints from Miriam in my Bee Europa bee:


Cute eh?  This  block should be sewn up later tonight - fingers crossed - so I can post it on Thursday.  My bee month is July so I need to finish cutting my fabrics and make my 11 bundles for everyone.  Yikes...another thing to add to my list of things to do!!  At least I have decided what my blocks will be and which fabrics will be used.
_______________________________

Last night I went out to a 'bow making' session at Roses and String in Willesden, London [Jubilee Line] and tried something new! They run fun and fairly informal crafty sessions from 6-8pm on Tuesday nights and they have a variety of crafts that have been planned which sound good - anyone want to meet me there next week?  :)

I made three bows using recycled materials and am now armed with the knowledge how to make them again and again!  No gift will go without a handmade bow from now on!!  (You've been warned!!) 


They are easy to do and only involve scissors, a glue stick, magazines (and/or old books, atlas pages etc.), a ruler, some cupcakes (necessary to keep your energy up!!) and a pen.  I love to re-purpose and up-cycle materials and I think these turned out pretty cute! 
_______________________________

So here is what I have accomplished since last Wednesday -- and of course I share with you my ginormous (and growing) lists of WiP', UFO's and the rest ;)


Zakka Zip Organiser, Potato Bunting, Lotta Love bracelet
 Here is my updated WiP/UFO list:
MUST DO ASAP:
June Bee Europa block DONE
Zakka Tweed Pouch DONE
Finish Green-grey-teal-turquoise quilt
Finish Mod Sampler quilt
LMQG Inspired by Art item for July

Current WiP's:
Sew into Solids Blocks - so behind it hurts!
Zip Organiser  DONE

Long Term WiP's [no progress]:
Wonky log cabins
Wonky houses and trees
Wonky stars
Porthole blocks

UFO list [definitely no progress!]:
Paper pieced Union Jack pillow case
Union Jack blocks
Half Square triangle mini quilt
Neckerchief thing
EPP Pencil case
Amy Butler Love Quilt top

Here is my June Small Projects list [of things I hope to make - if I do, I do - if I don't, I don't]:
  1. Zip Organiser DONE
  2. Tweed Pouch DONE
  3. Neckerchief thing
  4. Folding card wallet
  5. Teapot hotpad 
  6. Mix Master hotpad 
  7. Patchwork Pot holder
  8. Another 241 Tote 
  9. Pretty Pleats Reversible Tote JUST BOUGHT THIS PATTERN SO HOPE TO CUT THE FABRICS THIS WEEKEND!
Have a great week and I will see you soon!!  I'm linking to these fabulous blogs:

WiP Wednesday
TNT Thursday

7 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

Wow, that's a lot of work you've been up to! I love the 30s fabric, I'm looking forward to seeing your block.

Di said...

Your wip/UFO list makes me feel giddy. You have a lot on the go. I am just a plodder one or two projects on the go at the same time. I like your small makes, especially the zip organiser. Di x

Izzy said...

Nice projects! I cant believe how many projects you have on the go though... That would make me real nervous! :-)

Cherie said...

Wow what a list!
The class sounds like fun. If I lived in London I would go for sure! =D

Melissa Corry said...

I love those little bows!!! So cute!!

Rachel said...

Love the bow made out of a map!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Those bows look fabulous!!! What a great way to reuse old street directories!!!