Wednesday 27 June 2012

WiP it good

Wednesdays sure come 'round quickly - means we are that much closer to the weekend - yay!

This week I accomplished several little things with no real tangible results, if you know what I mean!  I got fabric cut and posted for not one but TWO bees that I am in [I'm Ms July in Bee Europa and Ms July in Running with Scissors].  Spent LOADS of time tending the garden so fingers crossed the fruits of all that labour will produce soon!! 

The best bit of the week was that I basted a quilt and am just about to start the quiltng...


I did finish another pot holder this week using some scraps I had on hand.  I love the Sherbert Pip dogs!  Confession time - I put the hanging thingy on the wrong corner so when it hangs, the dogs are sideways practically upside down!!  Doh.  Nevermind.  It proves I'm not a robot and improv sewing needs thinking through!



Not sure where that odd colour combo came from either!!  Ok, I love red and I love green but these two shades of red and green together is kind of wonky/wrong but I kinda-sorta like it anyways!! Reminds me of the colours I picked for my craft apron a week or so ago!! 

Anyways, on to THE LIST! 

Current WiP's:
Green-grey-teal-turquoise quilt - currently quilting it! 
Zakka round potholders
Mod Sampler quilt
Modernista Sewing Room item(s) - one more item to make

Here is my June Small Projects list [of things I hope to make - if I do, I do - if I don't, I don't]:
  1. Zip Organiser DONE
  2. Tweed Pouch DONE
  3. Neckerchief thing
  4. Folding card wallet
  5. Teapot hotpad 
  6. Mix Master hotpad 
  7. Patchwork Pot holder DONE
  8. Another 241 Tote 
  9. Pretty Pleats Reversible Tote - Pattern laid out just need to be brave and cut it!
Linking up to:
Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday
Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday
Such a Sew and Sew June Finishes

A Quilter’s Table
Linked up


8 comments:

Cherie said...

Here was I all this time thinking you were a robot....oh the shame! Great potholder! =D

Debbie said...

Very cute potholder, even if the dogs HAVE gone loose! Thanks for linking up to the {summer} table!

Charlotte said...

you crack me up! I think the potholder looks fab :-)

Di said...

Amy the pot holder is fun and I like to think that the dogs are going side wards when it is hung up. Di x

Catherine said...

I like your potholder, vertical dogs and all:-) The colours are great.

Gertie Pye said...

I have just bought the pretty pleats tote pattern - saw it on another LMQG's blog along with the Nikki tote and loved them both.

Kristys Stitches said...

Hi,
I have just found your blog and love it!
I may also steal your idea of having a to do list for July and see if I have any success in sticking to it!
Thanks :0)

Elizabeth said...

I love that Pips line! Your potholder is so cute and I think the colors are great together! Great finish! Thanks for linking up!

xo -E