Friday 1 March 2013

February - month in review

We wuz robbed -- robbed of three days!  If February had been three days longer I could have (probably, maybe, possibly) completed my February Lovely Year of Finishes goal.  Never mind.  Having to endure 28 days in the most depressing month of the year (in my opinion) was more than enough so I am actually quite pleased we are now in the month of March!!  Roll on SPRING and happy weather and the promise of lovely spring flowers (or is that spring showers?)!

February was a month of fun sewing.  I really enjoyed making the things I made - mostly all for other people!!  Here is my mosaic of the things I started and finished in 28 days:


Oops - two BOM Lucky Star blocks made it into the mosaic! I only made the one!

I managed to make a variety of bee blocks, the Block of the Month Blocks for 'Lucky Stars' and 'And Sew on' plus my Pantone Emerald project(s).  I made a couple of swap items too and I think my favourite item for the swaps was my needle case.  I used all sewing related fabrics and put buttons, needles, pins and safety pins on the pages.  I hope my secret partner likes it!


I also love my wonky crosses.  It isn't finished yet but it will be... one day!   I used some of the yummy Oakshotts from the Colour Box I received last May as a birthday present. 


February took its toll on me mentally and I thank you for your comments of encouragement and concern - it was (and is) very much appreciated.  Thank you for caring. 

Linking to Fresh Sewing Day
 Lily's Quilts

9 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Great makes, and good luck for a happy, springy kind of March, I'm thinking it started out on at least 1 positive! ;o)

Jennie said...

I love that needlecase - it's absolutely beautiful!

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

Loving the oakshot, bet it glows, i think i need to get some green on the design wall too!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

There are some great projects there! Your partner is sure to love that needle book! It's gorgeous :)

Charlotte said...

fab things, lovely you xx

the running hare said...

Love the wonky crosses and it does have a very spring like feeling

moira said...

great makes. i hope you are feeling brighter, sweetie x

Mary Menzer said...

February does seem to come and go quickly - as it should being the most depressing month of the year. Good luck on your March finishes!

ScissorsandThread said...

Great mosaic - love the wonky crosses.