Saturday 30 March 2013

Checking in

I'm just checking in to say Happy Easter weekend to you all and to give you a peak at something tiny that I have been working on:


Yes, those are my tiny flying geese!  The 1 pence coin gives you an idea of the scale of my tiny paper pieced geese.  You see, I have a bag full of tiny fabric bits [you know, the bits that get cut off from making other blocks] and I just can't bear to throw any of it away, so I have been wanting to make something with the scraps.  They were a lot of fun to make.  A full reveal will happen soon!!

And here is the binding I'm using for this project: 


I plan to do some dense quilting on it and have the thread ready but need to dig out some wadding.  Thank goodness it is a 4 day weekend!  
_______________________________

Last week some of the London Modern Quilt girls presented a secret quilt that we made for Annie, our President, at a British baby shower.  I say 'Biritsh baby shower' because it was not wild and crazy like they are in Canada - this was a lovely calm and reserved event, and not a surprise!

I decided against having everyone put a balloon up their top, a coin between their knees to waddle over to a cup on the floor to drop the coin in (I think they call that the "Pee Game") so I went with the 'Guess the baby food flavour' instead.  I'm pretty certain all the Brits in the room think I am crazy but never mind, Annie was a true sport and tasted some pretty gross jarred organic baby food!  Here is a picture of Annie with the yummy quilt:


It was such a great group effort.  I can tell you that at our monthly guild meetings, as soon as Annie left the room, people would whip blocks out and throw them at Charlotte and we'd all go quiet when Annie returned.  It was hilarious - and she never caught on!  Too funny!  Charlotte did a fab job coordinating all of us who were in 'Project President' and then completing the quilt.  Thanks lovely!

And on that note, happy sewing everyone!

P.S. Don't forget to put your clocks FORWARD tonight for those of you in the UK!
P.S.S.  Thank you to Marjorie's Busy Corner for the bunny fabric, On the Trail Creations for the 'Let it Snow' pattern and The Noble Wife for the 'Quiltmakers Blocks' magazine. You are all so sweet - many thanks!!!

17 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Fabulous mini geese, and i love the El Presidente Quilt, although some kind of nutter must have chosen circles! ;o)

MetroQuilter said...

Those mini geese amazing!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Ooh can't wait to see more of those teeny geese! I keep all those tiny scraps too - crazy!

The baby quilt looks fab! Well done on keeping that one a secret!

Turid said...

I adore your tiny flying geese. Looking forward to seing the finished quilt.

Pennie said...

Wow, can't wait to see those geese and what they finish up as :-)

Di said...

Amy those geese come under the 'extreme sewing' category and I cannot wait to see what you are up to! Annie's quilt is lovely but I'm with Ange on the circles! Happy Easter. Di x

gilly said...

I'm in awe of your tiny geese! And love the striped binding - look forward to the reveal.
Happy Easter xx

Izzy said...

Oh I love that binding! And thise geese are so cute. Great job! :-)

the running hare said...

Great baby quilt you all made but madness to make geese that small- you'll ruin your eyesight!

Charlotte said...

love those teeny geese (you madwoman!)
lots of love
Some kind of nutter xxx

Canadian Abroad said...

Those tiny geese are perfectly pieced. Can't wait to see the big reveal. And I love that quilt you all made for Annie.

linda said...

love the mini geese i guess we all have scraps like that we need to use them :))

Unknown said...

Wonderful little geese! Somehow, I had missed that you were Canadian. I had no idea that Canadian baby showers were rowdy events! lol

Kelly said...

Ohh litle teeny tiny geese, a girl after my own heart ;-)

Colette said...

They are tiny you crazy lady! Beautifully neat too! x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That quilt is stunning...what a lucky lady.

BTW its a Canadian thing...I'm always the odd one with weird ideas in a room full of Brits... Picking a game like taste the baby food would be something I'd make them try! LOL

Michelle said...

Love your itty-bitty geese!