I made a GIANT 'variegated' Aurifil spool of thread. I used 26 different low volume prints and solids for the background and some Kaffe Fassett shot cotton for the orange parts of the spool. The green 'thread' on the spool is made up of Pearl Bracelets, some Oakshott cottons, some Kona solids plus a few other remnants that I had. I wanted a scrappy patchwork style so it looked like variegated thread. I shall emphasise that more when I do the quilting. Maybe Aurifil would like to send me a spool of thread that I could use to finish this off!!?? Ha - a girl can dream right!!?
I drew this sketch of what was in my head on Tuesday at work on a piece of scrap paper and started sewing Wednesday night and finished Thursday night. Not bad going for me considering it was just an idea on paper!!
However... I did a sketch but no real or sensible math to make the project! I just started cutting fabric and sewing together which resulted in only one (some miracle really) seam being ripped out for a trim so that the 2.5" squares would fit along the bottom of the thread and still line up! I really love the low-volume and text squares.
My first emerald project will be set aside for another day I guess since I can only enter one into a2(w)'s linky. I do realllllly love my Oakshott wonky plus mini too:
It will be hard to decide which one to enter!! I hope to finish both for Monday - fingers crossed that I do :)
Linking to crazy mom quilts.