Friday 1 February 2013

January 2013

The first month of 2013 is over already.  Are we on warp speed or what!?  Only 11 months until 2014 - yikes!!!

In January I managed to make two quilts tops, finish a quilt off of my Lovely Year of Finishes list / 1st Quarter list and make a couple dozen (or more) blocks for a variety of bees and for my own quilts and projects.  I finished my first swap item(s) of 2013 too - yay!

Health wise, I suffered from the 'January blues' which I tried to cure with fabric shopping and signing up to a few more swaps and joining two Block of the Month programs.  All of that on top of the four bees I am already in plus the self-imposed pressures of finishing what I started LAST year THIS year...

So, back to what I made in January!!  Here is the abridged version in picture mosaic form:


January summary:
  • 2 quilt tops competed
  • 1 quilt finished
  • 4 (+3) magnets completed
  • 1 pin cushion made
  • 1 'heat bag' made
  • 1 fabric bucket made
  • 24+ blocks sewn 
  • 2 panel pillows
  • 1 tutorial completed
My favourite finish of January was my Scrappy Wonky Star quilt which has a flannel back to it and is super soft and lovely.  I also love the mouse pin cushion I made for Annie using Anna Maria Horner leopard print fabric!  I named him Mighty Mouse!



Off to link up with Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts.......and that reminds me -- I still have do my Part 2 of my 2012 re-cap!!  Please can someone donate more hours to the day to me!??  Cheers! ;)

14 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Love your snakey, he's sssuper :)

Izzy said...

Well... You've been busy! I love that little mouse... :-)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Gasp! I love Scrappy Wonky Star, and Might Mouse is yummy! :) I'm working on something super scrappy right now and loving anything scrappy. Your mosaic is terrific too. Great month, Amy!

Di said...

Great makes Amy. You have been super busy - I am relieved that you never over commit! :)0. Di x

moira said...

whoa there lady. You're putting the rest of us to shame! LOVE that mouse x

Anonymous said...

You have been buzzing! Lots of fun makes in that mosaic---specially I like the soft green wonky star, and Mighty Mouse is cute--he's in disguise, of course!

Hazle

Joanne said...

That is a gorgeous list of makes!! But my favourite has to be Mighty Mouse!! It is so cute!

Charlotte said...

I saw mighty mouse in person today. He looks very smart!

Anonymous said...

Blimey!
You've managed loads! I feel like I have done hardly anything!!

Beth said...

Wow that is a list of finishes! You need some extra time to sleep! Can't wait to see what you finish in February!

Anonymous said...

That mouse pin cushion in leopard print is so cute - I want one!!

Abby said...

Whaoo! You've been busy. Good work. Love the Wonky Stars!

Liz DandeliondD said...

January sure has flown by.

But what fantastic makes! I love your mouse

Sarah Lou said...

I really don't know where 2013 has gone so far! Love the star quilt, it looks so comfy!