Despite there being a drought and having something like 25 out of 30 days of rain (crazy, I know), it was an action-packed, get-creative, step-out-of-your-comfort-zone kind of month - and I loved every minute of it!
Here is my mosaic of things finished and things 'done' but not finished, if you know what I mean!!
5 Zakka projects
3 name badges
1 mini quilt
1 key chain
1 card holder
1 table topper
3 pin cushions in total
2 wonky stars for placemats
2 small bag things with fold over flaps and buttons
lots of pottery pots/bowls
Sewn and finished but not in 'completed':
4 Sew into Solids blocks (5 in total now)
1 wonky tree
1 mini quilt
- I joined in with the Zakka Style Sew-Along at project #2 and am loving it! It continues until September.
- I have committed myself to the Finish-Along with Quilter in the Gap and have completed my first finish (Figgy Pudding table topper)
- I am behind with my blocks for the Sew into Solids Flickr group but will catch up soon
- I am participating in the 'My Precious' QAL with Kelby Sews but am yet to decide on which pile of 'my precious' fabric I need to 'cut' into!!
And so that I stay on track, here is a list of my May goals:
- Sew my four+ sample swap items for the Fat Quarterly retreat swap
- Get ready for the FQ retreat (how I will pack and carry all that stuff on the tube is beyond me - I will need my military husband's expert packing skills!)
- Finish sewing my Siblings Together Savanna Bop
quilt topand quilt it etc. HALF DONE
- Finish all outstanding pottery items as class ends this month (awww)
- Keep up to date with my Sew into Solids blocks, or try to!
- Sew the first block for Bee Europa 2012-2013
- Sew my Play Mini quilt - linked with Sew Happy Geek
Participate in Fugly Swap Party with Charm About YouDONE
- Do more embellishments and join in with Color Me Quilty
- Have a birthday giveaway - become a follower so you'll know when I have it! UPDATE - it will be on the 21st May
UPDATE - Join the 'Small Project Sew Along' with crazy mom quilts - make some small projects and link them upJOINED
I'll be linking up with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day, Frontier Dream's Keep Calm Craft On and Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday.