Sunday 20 April 2014

Busy as a ...bunny

I have been as busy as a bunny these past few days.  Oh how I wish EVERY weekend was four days long!!!  All day Friday and most of Saturday I worked on this:


Today I ironed my Citrus triangle quilt and am working up the courage to baste it so I can quilt it....  I wonder if this quilt top will join the other five flimsy tops I have waiting for me to tackle?

And guess what?  I am now on Instagram.  My name is @amyscraftyshenanigans.  I have no clue what I am doing and since I have no phone to do it on it makes it rather hard to actually 'instagram' stuff!  So far I have used Mr Crafty Shenanigans' phone to take and post two pictures and the rest has been done using the computer.  I may be trading my Blackberry in for a Samsung sooooooooon :)

I've been pattern testing an alligator too!  So far so good.  However, I wish I had picked a darker 'dark' and a different 'light' but hey - you learn as you go right?  A full reveal will happen soon.  Here is a sneak peek:


And one last thing to show you - I completed the name badge for my (not secret) partner for the #NYlon 2014 Meet on 17th May.  I tried to stalk her the best I could....  this is what I came up with:


This name badge was SO MUCH FUN to make.  I just HAD to make a tiny swinging handbag to go with the lady in red.  Hope Joanne will like wearing it!

Just one more day to sew my heart out then it is back to work.  I have a couple of things I really want to work on tomorrow (bake a carrot cake and plant sweetcorn and beans in the garden) so fingers crossed I can cross a few things off the list.

Happy sewing.


18 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE that NY Beauty piece!!

Izzy said...

Loving the block! Wow! And the name tag is really cool. I like that handbag. :-)

The nosy pepper said...

That block is amazing!!!

Kathy said...

Love your NY beauty center! Fabulous color selections :)Love your instagram confession...I've been thinking of starting doing it too but have no idea why or the point...he hee hee

mammafairy said...

name badge is so cute! Love that little handbag!

Kay said...

Great sewing, and I can't wait to see the alligator.

Charlotte said...

that badge is bloody amazing!

Gertie Pye said...

Love the badge! Bet the NYLon meet up is great fun x

Linda said...

I just love your NYB block. So gorgeous! and the name tag is so creative.

Mary Menzer said...

Great NYB block, I may tackle one of those soon since I have PP down now. Welcome to IG! You'll love it!

moira said...

Beautiful work, Amy x

DeborahGun said...

Nice to have found you on IG :-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely block and badge xxx

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

That block is stunning Amy! So inspiring.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Love, love, love your NY Beauty!!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

PS I don't know what I am doing on Instagram either. I am now following you! I am @aquiltingsheep.

Indianna said...

Love the alligator and off to find you on Instagram!

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

Yay to the 4 day weekend! Love that block - what a fab weekend achievement!