Thursday 29 May 2014

Umbrella Prints 2014

My pack of Umbrella Prints Trimmings was blue/aqua this year so basically I just drooled on the little packet of trimmings for quite some time before I actually had the nerve to cut into them!   In a few days, be sure to look at the 2014 board on Pinterest to see how creative people can be with just a few pieces!  And then REPIN and COMMENT on mine, of course!!!  The picture with the most repins/comments is one of the winners!!! CLICK HERE to see my picture over on Pinterest!


What did I make with this pack of trimmings?  A [soft sculpture] dragonfly of course!  And two brooches, a jam jar pincushion using my own tutorial and a needlebook!  I still have a few small scraps left over so I will make a few more brooches (another day).


The wings have wire in them so I can bend them to be more forward or flat.  Eventually I will prop him up on the edge of the bookcase.  I am @amyscraftyshenanigans on Instagram so do go have a look at the two brooches I made - I posted them separately.  Here they are together:


Here is a picture of the jam jar pincushion and needlebook with a little 'postage stamp' style Umbrella Print flower pinned to the pincushion.  I had to add green in somewhere!


Happy sewing!

Linking to Whoop Whoop! and Finish it Friday

7 comments:

Jeneta said...

These are all fantastic! I particularly like the dragonfly.

Charlotte said...

that dragonfly is adorable!

Heidi said...

Really sweet Amy! I haven't been to Pinterest lately, but I must go do some pinning !

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love the pincushion with the postage stamp... very clever. Everything looks great, Amy.

DeborahGun said...

so creative! I love the dragonfly.

Kay said...

I love it all, this is such a fun idea for a competition. x

Kay said...


Happily voted and pinned. x