Sunday 18 May 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Citrus Triangle large quilt category



Finally I am able to properly reveal my Citrus Triangle Quilt and I am entering it in to the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side.  Be sure to pop over and see all the other entries - it truly is a feast for the eyes!

AmysCreativeSide.com


As part of the Triangle Quilt Along with The Sassy Quilter, I managed to complete make my 'Citrus Triangle' quilt within the time frame of the quilt-along, despite starting a tiny bit late!  For my quilt, I pulled a stack of greens, greys and low volume whites to make my equilateral triangles with.  I am on a fabric fast so I used what I had in my stash.  I LOVE how it turned out!!  I am a green-fabric-kind-of-person -- can you tell!!?


For the binding, I went with what I had in the house (grey with white dots) but decided to add just a touch of the teal as you can see in the picture above and just below.  I am so glad I did because it would have been a rather green/grey/white quilt other wise!!  I used some chevrons to back it with.  Again, this is what I had in my stash.


This outdoor photo (below) does not do this quilt justice as it was rather sunny when I took the photo so my greens are looking a little pale here.  However, I include this picture because it shows the circular quilting that I did on the quilt.  I love the effect and can't wait to wash it to see how it crinkles up!


Here is the initial pull of fabric inspiration for my quilt.  Some of these didn't make the final quilt and I did add a few more to make my quilt bigger.  Such a yummy stack of fabric. 

 
QUILT STATS:
Size: 53.5 x 74 inches
Pattern: 5" equilateral triangles
Thread: pieced with Aurifil Mako 50  #2021 and quilted with Aurifil Mako 40 (green spool) thread #2882
Wadding: 80/20

Linking this finish to Q2 FAL with the Littlest Thistle.
Check out my original goal post HERE.

Finish Along 2014

21 comments:

Patty said...

Wonderful quilt - great fabric choices and design

The Slow Quilter said...

I love the fabrics and the color choices you made. Go Triangles.

Kathy said...

love the circle quilting, beautiful

Charlotte said...

it's really really lovely!

Izzy said...

This is lovely Amy! I really like the grey and green combo. And the quilting is gorgeous. Great, great finish.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Such a great colour combination and nice mix of fabrics! Circular quilting is one of my favourite patterns!

Kay said...

Love the colour choices. xx

Canadian Abroad said...

Love the greens and greys. Such a gorgeous and vibrant quilt, Amy.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the colors in this quilt! Green and gray is my favorite color combination right now.

Pennie said...

Just fabulous!

DeborahGun said...

really lovely. The spiral quilting makes it extra special :-)

Cille said...

Great color scheme... There are many kinds of green and this lime variation is my favourites. Great with the spiral too :)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's smashing!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It looks great. The colours are refreshing and the quilting works so well with this design. A beautiful finish.

WhoMom said...

I love the triangles and the soothing blues. Very nice quilt.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Wonderful quilt. I love greens too.

Seams Sew Together said...

Love the colour combo and your quilting makes the quilt!!

CitricSugar said...

This soooo makes me want key lime pie! All the pieces are in pie shapes, too...

Great work!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Green is my absolute favorite colour too - it is beautiful Amy!

Jade said...

Looks awesome! Love it!

moira said...

great colour palette, really accurate piecing by the looks of it. Beautiful, amy x