Monday 19 May 2014

Heal's (furnishing) fabric

Heal's is re-launching their own-brand of  fabrics.  I was lucky to get a sample of two of these home-dec/upholstery weight fabrics to be creative with.  The graphic print with peacocks is by Malika Favre (called Peacock Flower) and the coral print is by Zandra Rhodes (called Top Brass 2).

I pulled some Kona cotton solids to frame squares of Peacock Flower and I made a table runner.  I like mixing home-dec weight with quilting cotton - it gives an additional texture!  On this occasion, I interfaced the squares as I figure this runner will be washed quite a lot and I wanted to make sure they held up to my robust washing machine!

 

I used an Aurifil variegated thread for my quilting - a sort of swooped-straight-line-curved-semi-cross-hatch kind of quilting!! And on the back - some Ikea Nummers of course!


With the Top Brass 2 fabric, I made a zippy pouch.  Once again, I used some Kona cotton fabric to crate a contrasting bottom.  I also added two rows of fun stitches to 'quilt' the bag and a piece of ribbon as a tag to add some finishing touches.  

The sunshine made my photos look really wild!  Sorry!

Here is a link to a YouTube video about the re-launch.  Thank you Heal's for letting me play with these fabrics! 

Happy Monday everyone!



4 comments:

Pennie said...

Amy, that' s really gorgeous - very funky :-)

moira said...

really cool makes.

Charlotte said...

that's fab! Love it :-)

Unknown said...

Love the fabrics! Do you know if they plan to market in the U.S.?