Saturday 14 December 2013

Precious

The Le Challenge theme was "Precious" and I have made a little something that is definitely precious to me!  Her name is "Noel Bunny" since she is all dressed up in wintry clothes and carries a heart and a snowflake.  She wears her favourite snowman print long sleeve top and has a lace belt that looks like icicles! 


I made Noel Bunny last Sunday at a fantastic brooch making workshop with Julie Arkell!  I spent some quite a few of my hard-earned pennies on that workshop but it was totally worth it because it was JULIE ARKELL - someone whose works I adore and admire!  Julie is so sweet, does not have a blog or website but is all over the web.  Do look her up and you will see how amazing her creations are!   

Her real pocket is stitched with silver floss

This primitive, naive and whimsical style of sewing suits me perfectly!  100% hand stitched, this little bunny has french knot eyes, a working pocket for her hand to keep warm in, and some wool felt boots with dotty stockings!  I love the hand sewing part - stitches to get it stitched instead of all perfect and pretty - that's my kind of sewing.  This all adds character to the figure.  I hope to make her a friend soon. 

Noel Bunny carries a heart and a snowflake

I also made a snowman brooch (oh how I LOVE snowmen!!!). 


Though I have followed the Le Challenge since its inception, this is my first time linking up.  Happy Saturday to you all!

Le Challenge

23 comments:

Turid said...

Super sweet! I want to make one too.

Sarah Lou said...

She certainly is precious! Love the long sleeved top :D

Tammy said...

Very cute.

Lisa said...

O.k. She is presious, I have to admit it! So when is the make your own dolly blog hop? I will come and play! I don't know how to do it but I am game, it looks inspiring and my hand sewing skills are much better.

Vera said...

super cute. enjoy the holidays!

DeborahGun said...

really cute Amy :-)

Charlotte said...

she is lovely - I'm so glad I got to see her in person :-)

Indianna said...

Very cute....workshops can be expensive, but this one looks so worth the money as its also about the chatter and meeting people there too. Now you can also use what you learnt there to make lots more ....and send one to me!

Nat at Made in Home said...

She is so so cute! Tanks for sharing on le challenge!

Anonymous said...

she is precious!! You must have had a fantastic time, I love Julie's whimsical work.

Di said...

You have really picked up the technique from Julie Arkhill as Precious is very sweet. Di x

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

She is beautiful and something that I am sure will be treasured.

Joanne said...

What a perfect precious make! What a brilliant workshop to have gone on and a wonderful reminder of it!

Rose said...

She is adorable and it looks as though you got real value for your splurge on the class. Enjoy.

Colette said...

She's adorable, I love her pocket, well everything about her actually!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

she is gorgeous, love the little pocket with the silver stitching

Mina said...

oooooh, that is so cute!

Mack and Mabel said...

She is absolutely adorable !

fiberchick said...

Oh Noel Bunny is LOVELY... Have always wanted to take a course with The Divine Arkell!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Oh that is so so sweet! What a fun workshop! Thank you for linking up to le challenge and I hope you'll be inspired to make more of the themes in the new year :)

Christine S said...

Omg this is adorable!

Katherine said...

Very sweet bunny and I love the details, Amy. That heart looks awfully teeny tiny... well done!

MarneyMay said...

Your bunny is very sweet. I can see why she is precious to you.

Hope you have a safe and happy holiday season

Cheers pauline