Thursday 26 December 2013

Last bit of sewing for 2013

A few months ago I won one of the prizes in the Q3 FAL linky.  Quilter in the Gap (Rhonda) sent me a mystery prize and I have finally made a zippy pouch with them - cute eh?  As soon as I saw the owls I knew they had to become a Noodlehead Open Wide pouch with the cream cotton/linen on the bottom!  I forgot to take a picture of the dotty fabric used for the lining but I am really pleased how it turned out.  Thanks Rhonda!  I even experimented with some of my 'fancy' stitches on my sewing machine using some Aurifil 40 weight in 1103 - yum!  
 

I have decided to participate in a Fabric Fast in 2014 so last week I went through my stash to take a visual 'stock' of what I had and re-discovered a fq of Sock Monkey fabric so it too became an Open Wide pouch.  This was my first time using a metal-teeth zip and I only broke one needle!


I tried out a running diamond stitch and it turned out ok on the brown itty-bitty dot fabric.  My zip was too short really for the size of pouch I made so I had real troubles sewing on a tab at the end but I eventually got there!

All in all I am happy to report I have two projects completed using just 'stash' fabrics, zips and wadding which makes me feel [slightly] less guilty about the Boxing Day sale fabric I bought late last night!  Hey - don't judge: it is still 2013 and the fasting starts January 1st 2014.  I still have a few days!!  ;)

______________________________________

A huge thank you to Emily (of Millicent Crow) who drew my name in her Christmas giveaway.  I was the lucky recipient of a piece of her art, a badge and a brooch (picture from Millicent Crow blog).  I shall have the print framed and it will look great in my kitchen!

 

Thank you also to Monica of Diary of a Quilt Maven for sending me this amazing parcel (picture from her blog) - you made my day when it arrived before Christmas!!  Thank you so much!  Woohoo - I have an aqua coloured Olfa now! 

 

I would also like to thank Andi of Patch Andi for sending me a pattern of a pixel Santa!!  This should be a fun quilt to make!  Emily of The Caffeinated Quilter designed a great festive quilt called Colossal Peppermints - thank you for sending that to me - I love the holidays so this will also be a fab quilt to make! 

Wishing you all a very happy last few minutes of Boxing day! 
Linking to:


http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/thank-goodness-its-finished-friday.html

7 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Those pouches are both sew sweet! I am envious of you bag makers.... One day this new year, I will have to make one myself. Great job... And great loot you got there, too! I would sure appreciate it if you would link up this post to my post for the last TGIFF of 2013 at http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Emily Breclaw said...

Thanks for the mention, Amy! Can't wait to see your peppermint quilt :-)

Vera said...

Great pouches!

barb said...

i love the owl pouch. i will be rooting for you on your fabric fast. my income is less than four hundred dollars monthly for disability so buying fabric is not an option, but if i could afford it i would be so bad i would have enough fabric to open my own fabric store! i love your post and enjoy reading it. babscorbitt@gmail.com

Indianna said...

Good luck on the fabric diet....I have a rule of never buying fabric unless its under £7 a metre..... I have the occasional laps though!

cloth scissors thread said...

very cute zipped pouches!!

Di said...

Nice pouches but fabric buying??? No......don't do it! Di x