You may have already gathered that I participate in
- meet other like-minded people (the only time stalking is alright!)
- gain inspiration for other future projects by seeing what other people sew/make
- learn a new skill or try a new sewing technique
- buy fabrics not necessarily your 'normal' style (and end up loving them!)
- and I will say it again - someone sends you something too!!!
Super Swaps sign ups are happening over on Flickr until the 12th of April. We will be making a pincushion or a small animal/bird. I've been daydreaming all day about what I will make! Bird, cathedral window pincushion, mouse pincushion, mini elephant, Zakka pincushion, hippo.... Oh the choices are endless!! There are so many free tutorials out there to choose from, let alone what patters I have in some of the books I have on the shelf so I will see who I am sewing for and then decide! Plus, someone will make me something too - yay!
Here are a few of pincushions/animals/birds that I have made in the past (and why I am so excited about this particular swap because I love making little cuties!):
Hope to see you in the swap!
P.S. This swap is not a secret swap and I think the mailing deadline will be May 31st so you have lots of time to whip something up.