Wednesday 18 April 2012

WiP Wednesday & 'My Precious QAL'

WiP Wednesday means I can tell you what I have or haven't done.  It is like a progress report to the boss.  I am happy to report that since last Wednesday, I have done quite a bit but I still have a lot to do!

I committed myself to a Finish-A-Long with Quilter in the Gap to finish my Oh, Fransson! Mod Sampler quilt, my Green-grey-teal-turquoise quilt and my Figgy Pudding table topper.  But that's it - all I've done is say I want to get them done... = no progress!
The three projects that I want to get done before the end of July. 
I completed several things since last Wednesday:


But I still have a list of WiP's and UFO's.  I'm trying to get through these but I keep starting yummy little projects instead.  Hey - I'm human and I'm having fun!!  Anyways, here is my list:

URGENT:
HST thing  -- this needs to be completed and entered into the Canoe Ridge Creations Festival of Half Square Triangles ASAP (silly me, when I have a deadline I tend to do other things hoping that the real project will finish itself!). 

Once again collecting dust:
Placemats - no further progress

Long term:
Wonky Houses and Trees - no further progress
Wonky Stars - no further progress to report
Sew Into Solids project - Block 5 - DONE
Sew Into Solids project - Block 6 - no progress

Need to complete soon:
Fat Quarterly Retreat sample swap items - one down, 3 (or 5) to go!! 
A little dish that I brought home tonight.
Zakka Sewing Kit - DONE
Zakka Pencil Case - DONE

Pottery:
'Jax' pot glazed and in kiln
Buttons glazed and in kiln
Ornaments going in for bisque firing
Trees - collecting dust!
Small dish in picture - DONE (and brought home tonight!)

_ _ ______________________________________ _ _

And in other news, I stumbled upon a Quilt-Along that is just the thing for me!!  It is run by Kelby Sews and you can find the details here.
QAL

I have two piles of fabric that I love to look at and ache to do something with.  Then when I go to do something with it, I chicken out!!  The delicious fabric goes back to its place to look gorgeous once again!  Deciding to cut into fabric that looks so nice sitting there, unaffected by any mistake-cuts, or bad stitching is intimidating!  This is fabric that I know would be gorgeous in project X, Y or Z, but my indecision and fear prevents me from using it!  So, I have joined in and will be posting a photo of my yummy fabric soon (once I decide which fabric to use that is!)!

And that is another Wednesday done.  Only 102 days before I go on holiday - yay!!  It looks as though I've got a lot of sewing to do before then ;)

I am linking up with Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh dear no progress! Projects cannot jump up and sew themselves..remember that =D

Kelly said...

Love the things you got made this week!

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do for the my precious QAL!