Sunday 29 April 2012

2nd quarter FAL - my first finish!

Happy Sunday

And a happy one indeed!  I got a lot done this weekend, probably because I was home alone.  Cooking, cleaning, sewing, gardening.  Ok, no gardening (way too rainy for me) but lots of other stuff!  I worked on my WiP list - yay!  I needed to get a few smaller things done so I could concentrate on the big thing - my Siblings Together quit.  I didn't 'eat the biggest frog' first as I should have, but this is ok though because I am now ready to work on it!  I have fewer distractions now so I can concentrate!

I am pleased to share with you that I finally - and I mean FINALLY - got my Figgy Pudding table topper done!  I had made a table cloth for my sister in these fabrics and with the leftovers decided to make a table topper for myself.  I did, but then it sat there and nothing happened to it - until now!

This will be my first finish of my goals for the 2nd quarter Finish-a-long with Quilter in the Gap - yay for me! 

Here is a mosaic of a few more pictures of the table topper.  I'm really happy with my corners.  I took great care attaching and sewing my binding and it paid off!  I used wadding in this one but in my sister's tablecloth I used a sheet as the middle layer so it really felt like a table cloth.  My quilting was pretty simple - straight lines either side of the vertical charm rows and then a continuous line all around the topper in the turquoise border.  I didn't pre-wash my fabric so I will definitely be putting in a colour catcher when I wash it!  I don't want the back to turn pink do I!!??

Moda Figgy Pudding made into a Christmas table topper - either really late or super early!!

I'll be linking this up with the April Finishes Linky and sew many ways' sew darn crafty party, Sew Happy Geek's Manic Monday and Just Winging It Show Your Stuff party!



4 comments:

Cherie said...

Congratulations on getting it finished! It looks great =D

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Thanks - I've just 'hopped' over!!

Finding Fifth said...

Oh well done Amy....does it feel weird to do Christmas projects in April though? Last year I was doing Halloween quilts in June.
I've added your blog to my 'small blogs' blog roll on my sidebar. Thanks for always popping over to encourage me - very kind of you.

Elizabeth said...

What a great table topper! You did a beautiful job! I think my favorite part is how the tree fabric looks as binding. Oh, and you did a beautiful job on your corners! Congrats on an awesome finish and thank you for linking up!

xo -E