Saturday 4 July 2015

Q2 2015 Finishes - two things completed

 2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

For various reasons, my 'sew-jo' abandoned me in September 2014 and has still not fully returned.  I have made several things (baby quilt and five brooches) in the past eight or nine months but only managed to complete TWO of the items on my Second Quarter Finish-Along list.  Here is the link to my original Q2 to-do list!

I completed my Polar Bear cushion (paper pieced pattern by Quiet Play) and I am thrilled with it!  I tested this pattern and the block sat for the longest time so I am pleased it is no longer an orphan!  And now I appear to be ready for Christmas - win win!


My other finish was a Sew Together Bag for Nathalie.  We did a 'talent/skill swap' - she made me the most gorgeous hand knit socks and I was to make her the Sew Together Bag.  However, I had made one before and swore to NEVER make another.... which could be why it took me a year and three months to complete!  But I gifted it full of things for Nathalie to enjoy.  I am pretty pleased at how it turned out - so much so that I may even make a third one in the future.... 


Nat's favourite colour is teal/aqua (also one of my favourites too!!) so I enjoyed picking the fabrics for it - and the zippers too!  And of course I sewed one of the THIS TOOK FOREVER tags inside -- because it was the truth!


I am all linked up to the 2015 Q2 Finishes linky party.




6 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Great finishes Amy! Love the bag and the label made me giggle :*) The polar bear certainly looks ready for winter!

Izzy said...

Love the bag! And the label is such a fun detail! :-)

Kay said...

I have lost the will to sew or do anything crafty recently too, although I still like to read blogs for lottos inspiration. Both the fusion and bag are amazing. i especially love the label inside which really says it all.x

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I hope your enthusiasm for sewing comes back soon. Love the polar bear - he'll be far too hot in this weather, though! The bag is wonderful and the badge is the perfect finishing touch *files that idea away for future use*

Well done on two lovely finishes!

Eva Leisure said...

Like your STB.
I took similar colors: reel time black-offwhite-grey and some aqua/petrol ones with some Tula scraps. Now I am working on the outer layer - joining my finished 60 hexies ;-)
Eva

Unknown said...

Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

Over 160k men and women are using a easy and secret "water hack" to drop 2 lbs each and every night in their sleep.

It's very easy and works on everybody.

Just follow these easy step:

1) Grab a drinking glass and fill it with water half full

2) Then use this amazing hack

and you'll become 2 lbs lighter the very next day!