Wednesday 1 May 2013

April - month in review

April showers bring May flowers -- so true!  I have tulips, pansies and daffodils growing happily in my garden, along with some stubborn but happy dandelions and other 'pretty' weeds.  I have planted a salad mix, parsnips, rhubarb, a tomato plant and have two types of chives growing.  The potatoes will be planted next week I think and I will also plant the carrots, green beans ad beetroot.  This time last year we had a hosepipe ban then it rained every single day for 4 months so I wonder what this year will bring?!!

So?  What did I grow sew in my sewing room in April?  Here is a mosaic of the shenanigans that I got up to:

My favourite blocks were my wonky churn dash blocks:

I LOVED making the tea wallets (Displacement Activity pattern):

And I can't believe I made a shirt that I can actually wear!

I am behind in sewing Bee blocks for two people (sorry guys) but I promise to catch up once I am back from my holiday.  May is a SUPER busy month for me with work, sewing projects (paid ones!!), bees, blog hops, swaps and giveaways so with luck I will get some things completed!

Hope you had a great April - here is to a fun (and busy) May!

Linking to:
Lily's Quilts

7 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on your finishes and your gorgeous WIP's
Esther
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Izzy said...

A beautiful bunch of finishes! You had a great month of April and it sounds like you'll be really busy in May. Have fun! :-)

Dree said...

The poppy fabric of your shirt is lovely. I know I have seen it, but I am not very good at envisioning fabric as actual clothing. You got the perfect print size :)

Charlotte said...

so busy! I love your tunic - it looks gorgeous in that fabric!

Joanne said...

What a beautiful bunch of makes!
I love your top! That fabric is perfect!

Sarah Lou said...

Sounds like a great month! I love the tunic, hope we get decent weather so that you can get lots of wear out of it!

Alie said...

Do I spot some paper pieced stars from the Lucky Stars sew along? (Is that what it's called?? Can't remember for the life of me!) They look great! I also might have to make a tea wallet or two. Love tea. So does my mom.