Friday 31 May 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes... MAY

May.  I love May.  Maybe this is because it is my birthday month or because spring is in the air and new-ness is happening all around?  Fresh starts, lush greens, happy flowers....  I love May.

I also love that I finally decided what to make out of my little 'whimsy bird with wonky flying geese' that I stitched a long time ago.  I have a friend from work who needs a little cheering up plus it is her 40th Birthday on Saturday so this gave me the idea that I could make her a little zippy pouch to hold a gift card to her favourite store.

Pale blue linen - yum!

I hope she likes it!  I love the bright pink zipper in contrast with the icy pale blue linen.  For some reason I really struggled with the zipper this time and must admit it is not my best work.  But hey - it zips open and it zips closed so that is enough 'perfection' for me!  Here is the back - I did some free motion flowers using four different colours of Aurifil thread.  I think I love the back as much as the front!  Quite whimsical and feminine I think.

The back - free motion flowers to brighten her day!

So there you have it - I made a zippy pouch with some happy flowers and a happy soaring bird flying high above the mountains. Yay!


And yay again - a completed 'Lovely Year of Finishes' project :)  Here is my original goal setting post.
I MISSED THE LINK UP!!  Boo to me for being silly thinking I could link up on the 1st of June.  Oh well.  But good news - this is one of my seven 2nd Quarter Goals with She Can Quilt.
she can quilt


Here it is again to show you the size.

13 comments:

Izzy said...

I agree with you Amy - I love May. All the flowers, the sunny days... it's great! That little pouch is amazing. Your friend is a lucky girl. :-)

Liz DandeliondD said...

May is usually one of my favourites too, but this year is a bit of a wash out.
Gorgeous pouch.

Di said...

May is my favourite month too. It is a pity that it hasn't been warm though. The wee pouch is such a perfect present. Di x

Charlotte said...

it's lovely!

Sarah Lou said...

Definitely lovely, and a very thoughtful gift too!

Colette said...

Lucky friend, it's gorgeous! x

Catherine said...

These are lovely - the little bird is very sweet, and so are the flowers!

Indianna said...

Love the cute bird and the flowers...and now it is usefull...not hanging around unfinished!

Pennie said...

Soooooo pretty :-)

heart of charnwood said...

Love the detail, and lucky friend :o)

Nicky said...

ooh well done you Amy. Happy Birthday to you and your friend.

Look forward to seeing your notebook cover with a bit of FMQ then!??

Canadian Abroad said...

That pouch is so sweet Amy. What a great gift.

Jodi B. said...

I am sure your friend loved the pouch. Congrats on such a cute finish - love the pink zip.