Friday 13 February 2015

QuiltCon2015 prep


In a mad moment in June last summer, I decided that I would book my place at QuiltCon 2015.  I spent the first day of my holiday at my sister's house on her computer desperately TRYING to get the classes and Super Volunteer slots that I wanted.  I think I must have hit the refresh button a million times in an hour!  

Fast forward to today, and I find myself frantically packing odd bits and pieces for a week-long sewing vacation in TEXAS!  

So far I have booked a taxi to the airport, looked at what films I will watch on my 10 hour and 20 minute flight (best choices are The Hundred-Foot Journey, The Maze Runner, Gone Girl, Paddington and Mr. Turner) and have dyed some of my rather boring brown hair purple!  As you do.  I'm obviously dealing with the important things first!


I am so excited to be heading to Austin because I am going to be hanging out with Charlotte and Nathalie as well as seeing a few of my Canadian pals from the Ottawa MQG and the Vancouver MQG.  I also get to meet people in person who I have been following on-line since I started quilting in 2009.  Exciting stuff!

And of course I am looking forward to the food.  This is TEXAS people - I will be eating some Tex-Mex food!  And steak.  And probably more steak!  And hopefully some Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp.

There will be some shopping to do as well.  I love picking up things I am not able to get very easily here in the UK.  Things like Twizzlers, cake mixes and Cheez Whiz.  There will be a variety of fabric and haberdashery vendors at QuiltCon as well so fingers crossed I can be a good girl and keep my #sewyourstash2015 promise and not buy anything much.  

For those of you not attending -- I wish you were!

For those of you who are -- TRAVEL SAFELY. 




#quiltcon2015
#QuiltConEh
#quiltconprep


 


14 comments:

Ellyn said...

The Hundred foot journey is a good choice. I haven't seen the others! Have a blast. I'm a texan temporarily displaced to Ohio so I'll be missing out this year

Jessica said...

Woot! Hope to meet you there!

Beezus said...

Cake mixes are hard to find in the UK? Who knew??? Have fun at the big event! Even though I could probably drive there in the time you will have to fly to Texas, I'm not going. Maybe when it's in Savannah ...

Catherine said...

Have fun:-)

memmens said...

I'm not at all jealous! Have a fantastic time, look forward to seeing and hearing all about it.

LethargicLass said...

I'm so excited for you, but sad I won't see you and your gorgeous purple hair :)

Charlotte said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

moira said...

Have a fab trip and I command you to buy some fabric

moira said...

Have a fab trip and I command you to buy some fabric

Leanne said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you, I will watch for the purple hair. And barbacue is a big thing with the food in Texas, it's great. Have a safe flight.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Have a great time and travel safely!

pennydog said...

Yeah I get the cake mixes on North America trips too! Twizzlers however, no, they're gross. I think I am the only person in Britain who has tried them that thinks that! Have a great trip! Looking forward to your posts when you get back...

Izzy said...

Have fun! :-)

Wendy said...

hope you're having a great time at Quilt Con. Just to let you know, you can buy Strawberry Twizzlers in Asda.