Thursday 1 January 2015

4th quarter FAL recap

Here is my original goal post.  Guess what!?  I was completely and utterly unrealistic - again!!  I thought that I would be able to accomplish 10 things in three months.  However, I hadn't factored in losing my sew-jo in September.  The full moon knocked me off course and I never fully recovered from that!

Finish Along 2014

So, I only managed to accomplish two things.  Here is my absolute favourite finish:

4 Things quilt - Love Affection, Attention and Praise
(quilted by Trudi Woods)

4 Things quilt by Amy Cavanagh

Over on Instagram, CurlyBoy hosted the #IGMiniSwap.  I was in Flossys Group and this is the mini I made for my partner:


I made one mini swoon block for the centre (pattern by Camille Roskelly) and gave it a Goosed Border (pattern by Jeliquilts).  I picked three of my favourite colours (green, aqua and navy) as my partner liked those colours too!  Paper pieced, hand quilted, hand bound and washed to become crinkly, I wanted to keep this one for myself!


So there you have it.  Two out of ten.  I'm ok with that!

Linking to Finish Along 2014.

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Two beautiful things!! I am not sure I have more than two finishes either, I am still a bit scared to check.

Charlotte said...

that's two more than I managed ;-)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I adore your 4 things quilt! What a great quilt!!

quirkyhannah said...

I really want that goosey swoon! Two lovely finishes though and the winter months tricker as gifts/pressure sewing too.

Lisa said...

You do great work my friend! Both are so beautiful!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Hurray for two finishes!

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on your finishes!