Sunday 20 July 2014

June 2014 - month in review

Here I am FINALLY sharing my June makes!  The 20 days I was home in June totally flew by because of prep and anticipation for my trip to Canada plus trying to get a few sewing projects completed before I departed!  I have now been home two weeks and I am still feeling behind on all my sewing and blogging!   

So what did I manage to get done BEFORE I went away for my holiday?


I actually have two favourite June finishes.  The first is my Schnitzel & Boo mini quilt swap for my secret partner.  I blogged about it HERE.  HST's are wonderful things - so many designs can be created from them.  Check out my mosaic of just some of the possibilities HERE.


And the second favourite is my Maple Leaf mini quilt made for Katy of Lethargic Lass.  I must say that meeting Katy in person in Canada a couple of weeks ago was a quilty-highlight for sure!  Katy is one of the coolest blogging pals I have so I jumped at the chance of making her a mini quilt when she suggested that we do a private swap.  I LOVED making this mini for Katy (and I love the one she created for me).  


You see.  Katy shares my love of dachshunds so I had to add a doxie in there.  Thank you to Di of Willowbeck Designs for that fabric!!!

June is already a distant memory and August is just around the corner.  I will be making a July mosaic before I know it.  Happy sewing everyone!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

love the maple leaf mini - so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a lot of finished pieces for June! Awesome!