Despite not crossing things off some of my many to-do lists, I still managed to sew lots of schtuff!! I tried to create some mosaics with themes so I could make sense of it all. Here we go:
- Hand printed swap - I made my own screen printed design and printed my own fabric! I received some really cool hand printed fabric back too! Printing is something I definitely want to do more of in the next few years.
- Cushions - I have resisted until this year to make cushions but they are so much fun (and highly addictive)!
- Paper piecing - I LOVE to paper piece now and will continue to get better and better the more I sew!
- Receiving amazing prizes from some very generous people - thank you to everyone who shared!!
- The blog has been a great way to share my crafty shenanigans and to receive encouragement. It has also been a great place to make friendships so thank you for following and making me smile!
- I only managed to completely finish three quilts and two of these were projects carried over from 2012. On a positive note, I did manage to sew up 4 quilt tops plus I have one quilt ready to quilt. This is all good, I realise that, but the fact that I still have 14 quilts in varying degrees of progress is sad. I will try harder to finish what I start before moving to the next shiny thing!
- I made something like 48 bee blocks in 2013. What this means is that it was time spent away from sewing my own quilts (I'll use any excuse!!). Great experience though but I will be pleased to have fewer bee blocks to make each month in 2014.
All in all it was a good sewing year. I happily close the door to 2013 and skip across the threshold of 2014 full of motivation, good intentions and hope. 2014 is the year I turn 40 so I have several personal goals to work on as well! What crazy sewing targets and goals will I set myself for 2014?
- Six month fabric fast - use what I have indoors
- Work on WiP's and PhD's before starting something new
- Join fewer swaps, finish up the bees I'm in
- Learn to take better pictures for the blog
- Re-vamp my blog