Friday, 18 May 2012

Bloggers' Quilt Festival - Spring 2012

Amy's Creative SideBloggers' Quilt Festival is now on!!  They say that this is the biggest festival out in quilting-blogland so I am ready to blog-hop my way around to see what everyone is up to!  This is so exciting!!  It is my first one, can you tell!!??  I hope that if you have popped over to see me please leave a comment with your blog address so I can go visit you too!

My Siblings Together quilt is finally finished and I am so happy to enter it over on Amy's Creative Side for the festival - and to have it done for the Siblings Together charity.  I entered to win these wonderful Thomas Knauer fabrics on Lily's Quilts and on April 23rd I was told I had won!  Woohoo!!  The rules were that the winner was to make a quilt for Siblings Together so I got busy and here is the final creation:

Yay - my quilt is finally done!  I love it!
I'm also part of the London Modern Quilt Guild and we will be sewing the labels onto the quilts that are being made so I am happy to be a part of the project plus make a completed quilt.  Entering this particular quilt makes me happy for three reasons - it means that:

  1. this quilt is finally done [yay]
  2. I am definitely taking it to the Fat Quarterly Retreat to give to the Siblings Together rep [another yay!] 
  3. a child will go home with a lovely quilt to remember the summer camp where they spent time with their sibling [super big yay...and a wee teardrop] 

See the label at the bottom right corner?  That's what I made at the Lucie Summers workshop last weekend - my very own quilt care labels!!  Instructions are:  cool gentle wash, low gentle tumble dryer, no wringing and medium iron.  I will get a Sharpie to sign the Siblings Together label and sew that on as well.  You can see a bit of my loop-de-loops and my handstitched binding in the mosaic as well.  I am so pleased at how it all turned out!

In case you are interested or wanted to know, here are the Quilt stats:

Design: my own improv design
Fabric: Thomas Knauer - Savanna Bop, Moda - Bella Solids, all 100% cotton
Thread: Gutermann colour 919 100% cotton
Wadding: 80/20 Cotton/polyester
Size: 54"x58"
Hours to make: 12, or thereabouts!

Thanks for stopping by!!   Don't forget to pop back on Monday for my Giveaway Day! 

Also linking up to to TGIFF!, Find a Friend Friday, Let the Parade Begin, and Whoop Whoop Fridays

Quilts for Siblings Together



21 comments:

Kelly said...

It's gorgeous Amy!

Charlotte said...

brilliant!

Sue Daurio said...

what a great quilt!

Cherie said...

That's a gorgeous quilt! Love the colours and the design. Good luck in the festival =D

Pat said...

Wonderful quilt and how nice that you are giving it to such a good cause.

Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

M-R said...

Great job with those fabrics, Amy! You will be making some deserving child very happy! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

CitricSugar said...

Pretty! Love the prints you chose .

two hippos said...

fab quilt and I love your printed quilt label!

Shevvy said...

Lovely Amy. Great loopy quilting, my fav as well. And the label!

harleywife57 said...

what a lovely quilt for a wonderful cause ! Thomas's fabric rocks !

Katie said...

I love that loopy quilting, it's so much fun!!
Thanks for linking up to The Handmade Parade!

Danielle Hudson said...

lovely quilt! I love th label too. You should put a heart with the instructions care. Did you print the label with a printer?

Margaret said...

lovely quilt!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Great quilt for a great cause! Love your quilt care labels - what a great idea!

Sarah Craig said...

Love the quilt - great colors, great design! Whoop whoop!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Beautifully done! I love your improv design and that quilt care label on the back is so cool! Congratulations on a great finish for a wonderful cause. Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Kat said...

Beautiful quilt for a wonderful cause. You're awesome!!

grapes and hearts said...

Love your quilt design! It really let's the beautiful prints have their show. Good job :o)

grapes and hearts said...

May I "steal" your design one day?! I'll link back to you, promised :o)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous quilt and a great cause.

sydthewyd said...

Nice job Amy! The label is the PERFECT color for the quilt as well!